Alternative Dispute Resolution Bodies for Real Estate

Do you have a dispute with a real estate agent, a technical expert or a private builder? Do you want to complain about the remuneration of engineering or architectural services?

The Ombudsmann Immobilien*

Real Estate Ombudsman

The German Real Estate Association in cooperation with the Association of Private Builders run an out-of-court dispute resolution body.

Members of the German Real Estate Association: real estate agents, administrators and technical experts.

The body covers,

  • disputes between consumers and members of the German Real Estate Association
  • disputes between consumers and companies stemming from:
  • real estate development agreements
  • building contracts
  • real estate purchase agreements (for residential purposes)
  • residential property purchase agreements

Useful information:Member companies are obligated to take part in the ADR procedure. However,the decision is non-binding for both consumers and for companies.


Littenstr. 10

10179 Berlin

Phone: +49 (0) 30 / 27 57 26 11


Verbraucherschlichtungsstelle für Architekten- und Ingenieurleistungen*

The Consumer Conciliation Body for Architects and Engineers is competent to handle disputes between consumers and traders concerning the remuneration of engineering and architectural services.


Friedrichsplatz 6

68165 Mannheim

Tel.: +49 (0) 621 / 860 861-0


Verbraucherschlichtungsstelle der Architektenkammer Niedersachsen*

Consumer Conciliation Body of the Chamber of Architects in Lower Saxony mediates disputes between consumers and members of the Chamber of Architects of Lower Saxony.

  • Services related to real estates
  • Construction of new buildings or flats
  • Services related to maintenance and renovation works

Service fees: €30 for consumers and companies each


Friedrichswall 5

30159 Hannover

Tel.: +49 (0) 511 / 28 096-51



* Alternative Dispute Resolution body

Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Innovation Council and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Executive Agency (EISMEA). Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.