Zentrum für Europäischen Verbraucherschutz e.V.
Bahnhofsplatz 3, 77694 Kehl, GERMANY
Tel. +49 7851 / 99148-0
Fax +49 7851 / 99148-11
Board of directors (01/01/2016)
- President: Evelyne Gebhardt, MEP and Member of the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection (IMCO)
- Vice-President: Robert Rochefort, MEP and Member of the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection (IMCO)
- Elvira Drobinski-Weiß, Member of the german federal Parliament, Spokeswoman for consumer policy of the SPD parliamentary group
- Catherine Trautmann, Vice-president of the Eurometropole of Strasbourg
- Agnès-Christine Tomas-Lacoste, President of the French National Institute of Consumption (INC)
- Marie-José Fignier, President of the Alsace Consumption Chamber
- Ulrike von der Lühe, Director of the Verbraucherzentrale of Rhineland-Palatinate, and President of the Federation of German Consumer Organisation (VZBV)
- Wolfgang Reuther, Member of the Bade-Wurttemberg Parliament, Spokesperson for consumer policy of the CDU parliamentary group
- Pascal Mangin, Member of the Regional council of Alsace, Member of the Strasbourg Eurometropolis Council
Dr. Martine Mérigeau
The Centre for Consumer Protection in Europe (Zentrum für Europäischen Verbraucherschutz e.V.), former Euro-Info-Verbraucher e.V. originates from a French-German common initiative, however, it is an association registered under German law. The association statute was adopted on 13 July 1993 and last amended on 19 December 2016. The association is registered at the district court of Freiburg under VR 370391 and has its seat in Kehl.
The association aims at protecting and promoting consumer rights in Europe, especially in the framework of the tasks assigned to the European Consumer Centres Network (ECC-Net). The association is a non-profit organisation that serves directly and exclusively public-benefit purposes within the meaning of the Fiscal Code of Germany.
Please note that despite our constant careful controls, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the information disseminated via our website. We also put effort into controlling the content of external links provided on our website. However, only the operators of these websites are liable for their content.
Copyrights and other special protection rights
The information disseminated via our website is protected by copyright. Single copies of information retrieved from our website can be stored on a single computer for the non-commercial, personal and internal use. Those graphs, texts, logos, pictures which copyright is held by the Zentrum für Europäischen Verbraucherschutz e.V. (Centre for Consumer Protection in Europe) can only be downloaded, multiplied, copied, modified, published, forwarded, transferred or used in any way, if authorised in written form by the Zentrum für Europäischen Verbraucherschutz e.V. Unauthorised use may lead to injunctions, claims for compensation and other legal actions.
Copyright notice: © Zentrum für Europäischen Verbraucherschutz e.V.
The source of our additional visual material may come from free pictures’ databases (www.pexels.com, www.pexels.com; www.stocksnap.io; www.pixabay.com) or from the European Commission (©) or the European Parliament (©).
Legal public relations officer
Dr. Martine Mérigeau
Web hosting: domainFACTORY GmbH
This publication was funded by the European Union's Consumer Programme (2014-2020).
The content of this publication represents the views of the author only and it is his/her sole responsibility; it cannot be considered to reflect the views of the European Commission and/or the Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency (CHAFEA) or any other body of the European Union. The European Commission and the Agency do not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.