Dating services: Canceling your Subscription
Whether you found love or not, if you wish to break up with a dating site in Europe and put an end to your subscription, here is what you should know.
Update : Nov 2018
Profile and Subscription, do not mix at all
The profile is usually created for free, and the paid subscription is a separate contract with the site. If you just delete your profile, it does not cancel your subscription. It must be expressly requested according to the termination method provided by the site (always keep track).
On the other hand, if you cancel your paid subscription, the profile is not necessarily deleted. Free and limited access may be maintained.
It is your responsibility to delete your profile if you do not wish to appear on the site or receive promotional offers from it.
Know that you have a right to rectify and remove your personal information. If, despite the removal of your profile, you still receive solicitations from the site, expressly request by mail or email with acknowledgement of receipt the deletion of your account and your personal information.
For the most part of goods or services purchased remotely within the European Union, you have the right of withdrawal for 14 days. Online dating sites are not an exception to this rule.
If you retract within 14 days, without using the services, the site is required to reimburse your total payment.
- If you started to use the service before the end of the term of retraction, you can always use your right, but the site could ask you to pay a consideration.
- No amount is due if you have not expressly agreed to start using the service or if the professional does not fulfil his obligation to inform you of this right.
- Refer to the general conditions of the site to know the form conditions necessary for a withdrawal.
If you no longer wish to benefit from the services for the next renewal, you can terminate your subscription according to the termination conditions indicated by the site. Pay attention to deadlines and form conditions. Read the general conditions carefully.
- Request the cancellation of your subscription to the site in writing, via email with acknowledgement of receipt. Make sure to keep a copy. Avoid doing this process by telephone because the evidence will be difficult to prove in case of dispute.
- Simply deleting your profile or your account on the website does not constitute termination of your paid subscription. Similarly, opposition to the credit card is not enough to cancel your subscription or settle a dispute with the service provider. In fact, a payment order is considered irrevocable (since you have given your consent). You can oppose the credit card only in cases of theft, loss, misappropriation, or fraudulent use of the credit card.